Monday, September 17, 2007

Toilet Stains


I am so sick of my toilets having rings inside of them (hard water type-stains, not for lack of cleaning.)

I think I'm going to try this recipe overnight tonight and see if it works. It promises no scrubbing is necessary, so that's tough to argue with considering I still don't feel overly great.

1 cup borax
+
1 cup white vinegar
+
10 drops pine or lavender essential oil
+
5 drops lemon or lime essential oil

(Combine first in a plastic bowl, then add to toilet and leave overnight.)

I tend to trust Aura Cacia for my essential oils, as I've been using them forever and they work well. Anyone have a different preferred brand? There's so much crap out there.

If anyone else decides to try this toilet soak, let me know if/how it works!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I1s the oil just for scent? Could you conceivably do borax and vinegar?

Liz M said...

It's worth a shot!
Citrus oils brighten, so are good with stain removal.

Lavender is a great cleaner (try applying it straight to scuff marks on walls)

Pine is fantastic for bathroom cleaning- that's why so many cleaning products use it.